Saturday, May 16, 2015

And the Adventures Keep on Rollin'

Well, hello everyone! How's it going? Did something bad happen in Nepal? I am so out of the loop, but someone prayed for the people of Nepal yesterday in church and I had no idea what it was about, so I really wouldn't mind being filled in on that. 

But anyways, almost everyone in our district got sick this week. I managed to avoid it, and one other Elder, but on Friday, we were all sitting in our apartments either being sick or waiting for our companions to get better. Not gonna lie, I got pretty bored, so I studied a lot of German grammar, read the scriptures, baked a bunch of brownies, and cleaned basically everything. Those days don't happened too often, but when they do, they can take a really long time. Everyone seems to slowly be on the road back to recovery, but the Elders here in Freiburg got it the worst (I think it's because they rode their bikes in the rain without coats and said they would be fine because they are Elders) and were not even able to come to church yesterday. That is not a thing that happens very much. As a missionary, you basically have to be dying to miss church. They were. But since they were gone, it meant that no one was there to teach the English speaking Sunday school class. The Elders usually do that. It did not click in my head that we would have to do it until like 10 minutes before the class. My companion was still getting over being sick and couldn't really talk...so I was on. The topic was faith in Jesus Christ which is a pretty good one, but on the spot lessons are always something special. It was in English too. I am probably the most awkward at teaching in English in the world. It is actually a miracle that I get this email written out every week because it's all going down the drain. We made it through the lesson and fortunately, our ward mission leader was there to help me out, but it was really something :) 


This week, is basically the week that we fulfill our Sister Training Leader duties. It means that I will spend 19 hours on trains this week. That isn't a joke at all. We are going to Singen for exchanges and then on Thursday we are going to Munich for Mission Leadership Council. It's cool because we get to go through Switzerland, but heilige Kuh, this is the most traveling I have done my whole mission. We have an hour layover at the Basel Switzerland train station. That will be interesting. I really shouldn't complain about this because a lot of people wait their entire lives to go on trips like this, it's just going to be hard to actually get work done in our area. I'll let you know next week, how all of this goes.


But other than that, it's been a pretty mellow week. We taught our five new college student investigators this week. It was so cool. They made Raclette and we talked about the gospel while eating delicious food. Sometimes, I just feel like the most spoiled missionary ever. We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon. It is such a good question to ask. Why do we need another book when we already have the Bible? People here love their bible. It is sooooo easy for a situation to turn into a bible bash, especially when your companion is as good with the bible as she is, but I have found that the more I testify about my experiences with the Book of Mormon and how it has helped me, the more interested people are in finding out for themselves. I am not trying to prove anything to anyone. I am just inviting to go for a bit of a search. It is just the coolest thing.


So yeah, I hope you all have a great week and make good choices!
Love,
 

Sister Smiley

Pictures: Me and Freiburg (aren't we so cute together?), my super awesome bubble gum bubble (no worries, we only chew gum in the apartment), our Raclette dinner
.

No comments:

Post a Comment